Konyerd's Gaming News

Thursday, April 19, 2007

A Walk Around Ered Luin

What to say about this area. I myself like the mix of the Elven and Dwarven lands as it helped create a unique starter area. I think the story they develop over the quests has worked out very well and gives the player the feeling that they are actually helping out the troubled lands. The amount of quests keeps you going either as a Dwarf or Elf and by the time you get around 15 you are almost done with the area and ready to move on to bigger and better things, once you complete the epic quest line which I will discuss once I have finished in Ered Luin.

The land is broken up into multiple regions with Dwarves and Elves having their own cities but than having a middle ground which is basically the Hunting Lodge. All the major hubs have quests and trainers which makes it easy to travel and find quests and people to sell and repair items. From the Closed Beta they have added crafters and the items needed to craft in all the major quest hubs to make things easier for the aspiring crafters.

I found the monster selection in the area to be diverse and fun. I could fight goblins in Raith Teraig, or go kill dwarven brigands in their city of Khendul. I found that trying to find wolves and hendroyals to be somewhat sparse and seem to force a little bit of running around, which out of the whole area was the least fun part of the region.

Overall I will give the region an A as it kept me interested the whole time. Now I am off with my captain to see how Bree-Land works out as a starter area.

No comments: