Konyerd's Gaming News

Thursday, April 5, 2007

Loremaster 1-10

A review of the Loremaster levels 1-10. The last two nights I have been leveling my Loremaster from level 6 to level 10. So now that I have hit 10 I will review how the journey has been so far. The starter area was enjoyable. The quests built up the story that continues on once you complete the starter area. Currently I am at the point where the elves are getting angry at the Dwarves in what they believe is their treachery, but as we know the evil of Sauron is infiltrating the land. The epic quest has been one of the biggest selling points for me so far and keeps me entertained as I explore middle earth.

So now about the Loremaster. I have found that draining a creature’s power can make a tougher fight much easier and casting debuffs like Fire-Lore can make a large difference in combat, especially with multiple mobs attacking your fellowship. The raven helps amplify the damage from burning embers which is the major range spell a Loremaster has for damage. Along with staff strike they make a good combo.

A great utility spell in case no one has healing has been beacon of hope which has saved our fellowship a few times last night. I find that the wind-lore debuff has not been that useful as I have yet to run into to many range based mobs as of yet. Another area that could use some improvement is the response time and movement of pets. They still seem to get stuck and at times they move like they are in lag while I am not. The worse I find is the response to me telling the raven to attack and it literally takes a second of two for it to respond at times. Compared to WOW pets that I have had, it gets frustrating at times.

Otherwise I have found the Loremaster a fun class to play up to 10 so far and look forward to playing it up to 50. So far I would grade the Loremaster an A in very cool abilities, but a B overall until some of the pet issues are fixed. Even with that issue this class will be my main. I am also looking forward to using blinding flash now that I have learned that ability at 10.

No comments: