Konyerd's Gaming News

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Lotro: Friday Night

So by 8pm I was ready to try out the Lord of the Rings Beta online. I had been looking forward to it all week as many of my friends were planning to play. So i got in and created my Elven Loremaster began my quest in Tolkien's world. The first thing that amazed me was the graphics, at very high they were incredible. Then I grouped my friends and after a little work we got the voice chat working which seemed to be a little buggy as it only started working when Oswynn came online. Maderas and myself could not get it to work. Once we got that working we picked up Tenegrim our token dwarf and we began saving the dwarf and elven lands from the evil of Skhogrim. Overall the quests were fun, gave you the chance to interact with the world, but what made the starter area enjoyable is the time the developers took in writing the quests and making sure there was a strong story behind everything. I felt like I was actually part of the story at momentous events and not just a low level punk killing boars. Than we linked up with Dwalin I think and we freed a stupid elf who got caught by goblins and dwarves. We are planning on disowning him in the future.

Overall Session: A+
Seeing the world in new graphics made the game experience great and along with friends and quick run through the starter in 2 hours to get to level 6 made the session and outstanding start to the game.

No comments: