Konyerd's Gaming News

Thursday, April 19, 2007

And That's How I Roll

So I just ran my latest adventure in Deadlands and I have to say it was fun as usual. The party started off their discussion on how to deal with Reverend Grimme, as some members thought what happen was crazy where others just accepted it. The group dynamics in that part of the session was very cool. They traveled on to their mission of investigating General Santa Anna’s army in the Maze. As in any adventure you expect that the players will go in some direction not planned but not as crazy as the D&D game I play. So the players ran past the first clue in essence and moved on to the major part of the game in attempting to recover a lost Chalice that multiple groups wanted to attain. One humorous part of the night was that any random stranger met in the woods was always greeted in the same cold matter of the men in the party being ready to throw down. While the women were not as concerned. After obtaining some information they found that the Mexicans of course have control over the group’s arch-nemesis: Zombies, but these zombies can use guns. One member of our group seems to always have bad dice rolling when encountering Zombies and has decided that Zombies are the toughest hombres in the West almost. So they found the Chalice but encountered a Mexican and Confederate regiments facing off outside the cave and they had to fight their way through.

Not sure I like how I ran it and if I do any battles like this later in the campaign I will probably need to think on how to make it feel more epic. I have a couple of ideas, but I will have to see.

Funny Quotes:

Aieslyn: Gadget that Rocket Man
Harrison: That’s how I Roll

1 comment:

Faith said...

They are *dramtic whispering* Unstopable!!!

Zombies are the toughest enemies I've ever faced!!!!